The Village of Wonder Lake is a rapidly growing community. It is currently made up of the following subdivisions around Wonder Lake: Deep Springs Woods I, Deerpath, Hickory Falls I, Hickory Falls II, Lookout Point Unit I, Shore Hills, Sunrise Ridge, Sunrise Ridge Estates, The Meadows of West Bay, White Oaks Bay, Wooded Shores, Woods Creek, and a portion of Wonderview. The Village was incorporated in 1974 as the Village of Sunrise Ridge. The name was later changed to the Village of Wonder Lake. The Village provides parks, public works, police protection and related services to its constituents. The current population is 4026.
Standing from left to right: Trustee Fred Learman, Trustee Dennis Palys, Trustee Larry Reinhard, and Trustee John Naatz. Seated from left to right: Clerk JoEllen McIntosh, President Tony Topf, and Trustee Les Anderson.
Contact the building inspector 8:30 to 10 am Wednesdays and Fridays at (815) 728-7725. Or call 800-422-5220 to leave a message or schedule an inspection.
Water bill drop off is located at 4444 Thompson Rd. Residents can drop their bill off in the black drop box labeled Water Bills, by opening and dropping it into the bottom of the box. To reach the water department directly, please call 1-866-371-5699.
Faith in Action of McHenry County assists McHenry County seniors by offering a variety of services including driving to appointments, minor home repairs etc. If you know of anyone in need of these services or would like to volunteer, please contact them. Phone (815) 455-3120, or visit their web page www.fiamchenrycounty.org They are located on Virginia Road, Suite 21, Crystal Lake, IL 60014.
The combined Village and County ordinances impose the following restrictions on open burning of yard waste:
• Burning of landscape waste is prohibited within 100 feet of a habitable structure or within 50 feet of a structure that is not habitable. (garage, shed, barn, swimming pool, etc.);
• Only on Saturdays between dawn and dusk in October and November, then again in April and May;
• All open burning must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age until the fire is extinguished and a fire extinguisher or garden hose or water source must be available at the burning site;
• Landscape waste is defined as grass clippings, shrubbery, cuttings, leaves, flowers and weeds. Recreational fires, for warmth or cooking are allowed any day of the year with several restrictions:
• The fire shall be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet;
• Shall be brush only (no leaves, grass, shrubbery clippings, weeds or furniture);
• Brush is defined as tree trunks, limbs, branches and twigs.
In an effort to keep all Village of Wonder Lake residents informed. The village's garbage company, Marengo Disposal will place a call to every Village resident reminding them of the dates for Fall's leaf pickup, and trash pick-up after Holidays. If residents have changed or replaced their home number and did not inform Marengo Disposal, they would not receive these friendly reminders. Village Residents should take a moment and call MDC Enviro @ #815-568-7274 to update their information.
Emerald Ash Borer is an exotic beetle that was unknown in North America until June 2002 when it was discovered as the cause for the decline of many ash trees in southeast Michigan and neighboring Windsor, Ontario, Canada., Emerald Ash Borer was discovered in Illinois during the summer of 2006. Click here to learn more…