Residents of Wonder Lake can now make their water utility payments online. Click here to learn more. Online Payment can be made by: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
REQUEST FOR A PUBLIC DOCUMENT -All requests for public documents shall be made in writing, directed to a FOIA Officer and shall be submitted via personal delivery, mail, fax or email. The Village prefers the use of the FOIA Request Form below, but will honor all requests lawfully submitted to the Village even if it is not submitted on the attached FOIA Request Form, Any written request submitted to the Village for a public record shall be deemed to be a FOIA request and treated accordingly. FOIA FEES -The following fees shall apply and shall be payable by the Requestor prior to receiving the requested public documents: Copies -Legal or Letter Size: $.15 per page (No charge for first 50 copies), Copies· Color or Oversize: Actual cost of reproduction, Certification: $1.00 per document plus copying costs, Recording Media: Actual cost of media, Mailing: Actual cost of postage. Contact Information: Send requests to:Village Clerk-JoEllen McIntosh, FOIA Officer-Kate Topf, at email@example.com, or mail to: Village of Wonder Lake, 4444 Thompson Rd, Wonder Lake, IL 60097, Ph:815-728-0839, or fax:815-728-1226.
The Village of Wonder Lake is a rapidly growing community. It is currently made up of the following subdivisions around Wonder Lake: Deep Springs Woods I, Deerpath, Hickory Falls I, Hickory Falls II, Lookout Point Unit I, Shore Hills, Sunrise Ridge, Sunrise Ridge Estates, The Meadows of West Bay, White Oaks Bay, Wooded Shores, Woods Creek, and a portion of Wonderview. The Village was incorporated in 1974 as the Village of Sunrise Ridge. The name was later changed to the Village of Wonder Lake. The Village provides parks, public works, police protection and related services to its constituents. The current population is 4026.
Faith in Action of McHenry County assists McHenry County seniors by offering a variety of services including driving to appointments, minor home repairs etc. If you know of anyone in need of these services or would like to volunteer, please contact them. Phone (815) 455-3120, or visit their web page www.fiamchenrycounty.org They are located on Virginia Road, Suite 21, Crystal Lake, IL 60014.
The combined Village and County ordinances impose the following restrictions on open burning of yard waste:
• Burning of landscape waste is prohibited within 100 feet of a habitable structure or within 50 feet of a structure that is not habitable. (garage, shed, barn, swimming pool, etc.);
• Only on Saturdays between dawn and dusk in October and November, then again in April and May;
• All open burning must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age until the fire is extinguished and a fire extinguisher or garden hose or water source must be available at the burning site;
• Landscape waste is defined as grass clippings, shrubbery, cuttings, leaves, flowers and weeds. Recreational fires, for warmth or cooking are allowed any day of the year with several restrictions:
• The fire shall be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet;
• Shall be brush only (no leaves, grass, shrubbery clippings, weeds or furniture);
• Brush is defined as tree trunks, limbs, branches and twigs.
- 1 of 2